We are pleased as punch to be participating in the I Made It! Market Jr., edition of Pittsburgh’s nomadic craft fair this Saturday April 21st at Bakery Square in East Liberty / Shadyside.
It’s completely free to attend IMI! Jr., edition is only for one day! Don’t miss out on some super adorable small things for small folks.
We’ll have plenty of our Alphabet Prints, Baby & Toddler tees, nursery & kid-friendly Art Prints, and we will also be debuting “Lunch Bear”, the very first design in a new line of recycled cotton, reusable lunch bags too! If you saw our feature in Table Magazine, you saw a sneak peek prototype.)
I Made It! Market Jr., Details:
Who: Over 30 artisans will participate. Meet all of us here!
When: This Saturday April 21st from Noon – 4pm.
Where: At Bakery Square.
Why: Because Handmade is best.
What: Family Friendly fun and craft fair. Shop from 30 local artisans bringing wares just for little kiddos and babies. And more:
- 18 foot blow up slide
- Free snow cones & cotton candy
- Hot dogs french fries and hamburgers available for lunch
- The Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium will be on-site with their Penguin
- There is also complimentary craft beer for parents! WHAT?!?!?!
+ Lots of free games, activities and of course some crafting + the Animal Rescue League will be onsite with cute and cuddly kitties for adoption.
- View the IMI Jr,. artists here. And RSVP on Facebook for easy sharing with all of your friends!
Hope to see you there!
- Flatstock, in Austin TX during SXSW Music Festival
Here we go!
The very first Flatstock Rock Poster Convention of 2012 is right around the corner and we’re getting all of our posters, prints, tees, test prints and thingamajigs into gear. We’re chomping at the bit and rarin’ to go with lots of new work to show at first taste of Spring and favorite Texas town during the amazing SXSW Music Festival.
Flatstock 33 will display the works of more than 100 artists from across North America and the globe. The exhibition is free and open-to-the-public running March 14-17 and features posters representing decades of styles, colors and techniques for sale. Show up early and be ready to be overwhelmed with amazing posters. (You might want to bring some dough since you won’t want to leave empty handed!) The exhibition is free and open to the public.
This year is just slightly more exciting than ever with a couple of added events in Texas.
- Wednesday 3/14: Hot gig poster printing awesomeness! We were commissioned by the HGTV network to design a poster for one of 4 showcase nights of great music they will be hosting at SXSW at their beautifully renovated venue, The Studio. Our silkscreen poster (see the design below) will be hand printed on-site by Andy MacDougall of Squeegeeville with the help of Austin’s own Coronado Studio during the opening night of The Studio on Wednesday 3/14 and we’ll be there too, signing posters and they are completed and handing them out to the first 300 folks at the show. (Note, you must be a registered SXSW participant to attend The Studio showcase shows.) The bands appearing for Wednesday night’s showcase are: Say Hi, Young Orchids, Oh Mercy, Sean Bones, The Pierces & Girl In A Coma. For more info about HGTV’s The Studio, full band and poster artist list click here.
This limited edition, hand silkscreen printed poster will be available exclusively at The Studio by HGTV on 3/14 during the show.
- Thursday 3/15: We will be appearing at the SXSW Film Festival Premiere of the poster documentary film Just Like Being There by director Scout Shannon on March 15th at 4:15pm at The Vimeo Theater (inside the Convention Center at 201 Trinity St.) and Allison will be speaking after the Premiere in a Q & A session with a selection of other Flatstock posters artists who also appear in the film.
Who: Over 100 working rock poster artists from all around the globe. Click here for the list of Flatstock 33 participating artists.
Where: Flatstock 33 at SXSW in the Austin Convention Center on Level 1 – Ballrooms A, B, C – same place as last year!
- Wednesday 3/14 from 2:00pm – 6:00pm
- Thursday 3/15 – Saturday 3/17 11:00am – 6:00pm
What: The FLATSTOCK poster show series is presented by the American Poster Institute (API). It is an ongoing series of exhibitions featuring the work of many of the most popular concert poster artists working today and happens 4-6 times a year with scheduled shows in Austin, TX at SXSW, Barcelona Spain during Primavera Music Festival, Chicago, IL during Pitchfork Music Festival, Seattle WA at Bumbershoot Fest, and in Hamburg Germany during the Reeperbahn Festival.
If you are in Austin for SXSW we hope to see you at the amazing Flatstock Rock Poster Convention, so come say hello!
Click to visit my Etsy Shop!
Hey gang! For those of you in the US, we hope that you had a super Thanksgiving and a relaxing and fun day yesterday. For those friends outside of the US, we hope that you had a good Thursday. (And if you’ve never experienced an American Thanksgiving, put it on your bucket list.)
We’re offering a few types of Holiday Cheer here at strawberryluna HQ and we wanted to tell you about ’em.
1. The Value Added Deal: Through either our website here or our Etsy shop here, we’re offering a FREE BONUS print with any purchase of $15 or more. Yep! Freebie! We’re releasing a new set of giclee prints, sized for smaller spaces and smaller walls in the form of our popular Cardinal Seasons print series, now also at a wee 8″x10″ size super high quality giclee print. So easy to frame!
- The Deal: During Checkout in both our webstore or in our Etsy shop just mention “Holiday Bonus Cardinal” in the notes to seller section. (Don’t forget to tell us which print you would like for you bonus!) And we’ll hook you up with a free 8″x10″ giclee print of your choice with *any purchase of $15 or more*. Easy-peasy! This Holiday Bonus print deal is good through 12/15.
2. The Classic Black Friday Deal: Through our Etsy shop (only!) get a solid 15% off of your entire purchase by using coupon code BLACKFRIDAY15 now through midnight 11/27 and then! (That’s right, it’s not over yet!) On Monday, 11/28 use the web-happy coupon code CYBERMONDAY15 for 15% off of your entire purchase. Boom! Good through 11/29. Yep! You get one extra day from us, ’cause that’s how we roll.