What a show! We were thrilled to do this show poster for 2 of our favorite and spectacular bands in one spectacular show, right in our backyard. Pinch us, are we dreaming?
This is our all hand silkscreen printed, limited edition show poster for Andrew Bird & Death Cab For Cutie’s show in Pittsburgh on July 13th, 2012 at Stage AE.
- Size 16 x22 inches (45.7 cm x 61 cm).
- Inks: 7 colors from 4 screens with hand-mixed sunny field yellowy orange, clear red and teal, overlaying one another to make deeper colors than any one on it’s own, and seed black non-toxic water based silkscreen inks.
- Edition: Limited edition of just 120. Each print is hand signed and numbered by strawberryluna.
- Paper: Archival, no-acid, recycled content, American made Cougar Opaque White, 100lb cover weight.
- Fits beautifully into either a standard 16″ x 20″ frame by trimming the border, or into an 18″ x 24″ frame as is with a matte.
This 7-color, all hand screen printed rock poster for Andrew Bird & Death Cab For Cutie is now available for purchase in our webshop here and also in our Etsy Shop here $25.
- Additional photo below shows how this print might looked framed. (Sold unframed & without a matte.)
New! Our 4-color, hand silkscreen printed poster for Bright Eyes, Click to purchase or for more info!
Brand spanking new and fresh off the press, it’s our new poster for Bright Eyes for his show at Stage AE in Pittsburgh,
The music of Connor Oberst and Bright Eyes is like a beacon of individuality, sweetness, anger, and passion, at least that’s the way I hear it. When I first began printing at the community studio Artists Image Resource (AIR) in Pittsburgh, Bright Eyes was on heavy rotation during Open Studio nights and his voice still reminds me of that awesome time toiling away in that funny early stage of learning printmaking where you learn to love mistakes as much as you do successes.
In homage to all things organic, wise and bright this fella is our all hand silkscreen printed poster for the singular sound of Bright Eyes with hand mixed midnight black, teal, acrylic screenprinting inks. Edition: 150, each of these limited edition posters are signed & numbered (by me, strawberryluna) Size: 16×22 inches (39.4 cm x 55.9 cm.) Paper: archival Cougar, White 100lb cover weight.
Now available at my website here or also in my Etsy shop here.
Dig screenprinting? Have no clue what the hand printing process is like? Below are some process shots that I took while silkcreening this poster in my Flickr account:
1st color ink in the screen for our hand printed poster for Bright Eyes. (Click for more info & photos.)
t 2nd color printed for our hand printed poster for Bright Eyes. (Click for more info & photos.)
3rd color ready to go for our hand printed poster for Bright Eyes. (Click for more info & photos.)
3rd color printed for our hand printed poster for Bright Eyes. (Click for more info & photos.)
All done! 4th color printed for our hand printed poster for Bright Eyes. (Click for more info & photos.)